Some of us are fortunate to live in the Parish.
Some may spend a number of years studying at Ripon College.
Some may have been part of our worshipping community before moving away.
Some may have family who were married, baptised or buried here.
Some may visit only once.
Whatever you connection, All Saints' Church is a loved and significant place to many and it needs your support.
Our aim is
- to promote a sense of community and responsibility for this beautiful ancient building
- to ensure that All Saints' remains a place to be enjoyed by, and at the heart of, the Parish community.
As a friend you will
- be invited to social events arranged for Friends and their guests
- contribute ideas for, and participate in, fund-raising events
- feel part of an All Saints' community, whether you are local or far away
- receive regular updates on any work to which Friends' funds are contributing.
At Cuddesdon we have a beautiful medieval building which is not just for those who worship there but for everybody.
All Saints' points back to a time when churches formed the very bedrock of village life. It is a place full of memories and represents the traditions at the heart of our village and our nation.
But it is also a place for the present and for the future. Our church is not just about nostalgia for a lost world; it also gives us the opportunity to think about what really matters in our village and our wider society. It is what Philip Larkin once called a 'serious house on serious earth'.
All Saints' points us to something greater than ourselves which Christians understand as the God of love. But, whatever our faith, our church bears witness to the values of justice, love and peace, values that need to be cherished and nurtured for future generations.
The Revd Canon Prof. Mark D. Chapman, Vice-Principal, Ripon College Cuddesdon
Becoming a Friend of All Saints' Church is open to everyone and is free of charge. However, donations are gratefully received, either as a single payment or as annual standing orders.
For more inforamtion and to receive a Membership Form, please email: [email protected]
OUR FIRST PROJECT